Looking at businesses with more than $1 million valuation, also known as Unicorns, the fintech industry is expanding at an unprecedented rate. Of 40% of the unicorns that came up in 2022, fintech companies made up a third of all the unicorns in the world. There are additional market opportunities with the increasing number of customers leading to the rising struggle for market share. Like other digital marketing techniques, SEO (Search Engine Optimization) is also evolving.
All You Need to Know About FinTech Marketing
It performs a significant role in the success of digital marketing, from lead generation and content planning to brand awareness and nurturing. The increasing number of clients requires developing a fintech marketing agency to gain momentum in the market and be at par with other competitors.
What are the Recent Developments in SEO?
Many factors affect SEO, including the sophistication of search engines and a greater emphasis of Google on website content quality, including its reliability and structure. Google heavily dominates the SEO market and holds a share of more than 92% of the global market, followed by its biggest competitor, Bing. The fintech marketing agency, Bing, holds a little over 2% market share. The current success of SEO content requires a strategic approach with well-structured and designed content creation and planning, prioritizing trustworthiness, quality, and relevance.
Is SEO Essential for FinTech and Financial Services Companies?
Financial services or fintech businesses have greatly relied on word-of-mouth publicity, affiliate marketing, and events to generate leads. However, digital lead generation is the most important factor for enduring achievement in the increasingly competitive fintech market. SEO is the second effective channel for driving superior quality leads and acquiring fresh customers. Websites and other digital platforms have become useful machines to generate leads and do all the enriching work for their users only if they use well-structured websites powered by CRO, UX, and UI. However, effective SEO strategies and a consistent improvement approach for content management are required to open the doors to ideal customers.
Learn About the Latest SEO Trends Important for FinTechs
Here are the top 10 SEO trends for FinTech companies to convert, nurture, and attract high-quality organic leads –
- Prioritizing Data-Centered Content: Inbound marketing and SEO are mutually exclusive. Content must be delivered with a clear objective, target, and the right search intent, backed by analysis and research. It involves a data-centric approach that bears the required fruits for fintech marketing agencies.
- Aim for More Than Keywords: A fintech start-up marketing agency needs to focus on developing well-structured, helpful, and quality content and not simply aim at keyword optimization. Search engines and consumers demand clear paths and context to correct information that matches their search intent. Sophisticated optimization and thorough research are essential, including content readability, structure, and quality.
- Algorithms and AI: Similar to social media platforms, AI-backed search engines are constantly adjusted with personalization. Smart devices and AI are steering the top trends in SEO as predictive and voice search technology are helping search engines generate the required results.
- Answer Complex Queries: Fintech companies involve complex concepts requiring comprehensive answers, such as creating articles to tackle different aspects of complex topics, developing comprehensive content in the long form backed by reliable sources or links, and building FAQs or knowledge bases to answer complicated questions.
- Using EAT Considerations: EAT is the abbreviation for expertise, authoritativeness, and trustworthiness. Content evaluators are using these values on Google to judge content beyond its purpose and structure. EAT is probably the best SEO trend, especially for fintech companies, as it can majorly impact financial decisions. Google employs additional scrutiny and security on financial content; therefore, factors like EAT are extremely important.
- Using Video Content: Video content is in demand. YouTube has witnessed a giant leap from being the fourth most popular video content platform to second. With voice transcription, AI, and algorithm adjustments related to video content, it is becoming one of the key formats for fintech marketing agencies. With continual growth in views, consumers of video content are more likely to make decisions depending on information received from videos. Hence, this requires content marketing and SEO strategies.
- Topic Clusters and Pillar Pages: Topic clusters cover different questions and tong-tail keywords to support content like videos, blogs, and features. Pillar pages, on the other hand, are long-form content that lay the basic framework for SEO content planning by tying different content, empowering internal linking, and generating leads for a particular website across various associated keywords. The sole purpose of topic clusters and pillar pages is to develop rich insights to display leadership in a specific content or topic aligned with the business offering.
- Mobile Responsiveness and Core Web Vitals: Web search through mobile devices has rapidly grown, with more than 47% of the UK’s web traffic coming from smartphone devices. The numbers are higher for US users. To accommodate the rising mobile phone numbers, Google has prioritized mobile-friendliness and is rewarding platforms for focusing on mobile responsiveness. Google uses page experience signals to measure UX metrics, including content accessibility, HTTPS, safe browsing, and mobile friendliness. It also introduced three main metrics for Core Web Vitals, including LCP (Largest Contentful Paint) to measure loading performance, FID (First Input Delay) to measure interactivity, and CLS (Cumulative Layout Shift) to measure visual stability.
- Scale Up Outreach and Backlinking Game: Backlinking and outreach are the main cogs that drive content authority. Implementation and research require effort and time. However, with an efficient process and framework, the backlinking strategy can take the performance of SEO to a whole new level. The aim to establish important networks and sites to gain backlinks, targeting reliable platforms with higher domain authority, and where the personas will seek information. It can be done by defining the content, establishing a suitable approach for targets like organic outreach, PR inquiries, free/paid placement, account setup, creating sheets to track targets, statuses, and progress, and building templates to accelerate the process. While using a backlinking strategy, it is important to use trustworthy information since it can impact the ranking and reputation of the website.
- Using Innovative Tools: To enhance SEO effects, users can leverage the following SEO tools – Semrush, Ahrefs, Moz, Screaming Frog, Hotjar, and other SEO tools based on CMS like plugins and natives.
These popular SEO trends provide actionable insights that can be applied to any business website, marketing campaign, and content strategy. However, one needs to know the current updates, latest trends, and approaches to implement them efficiently. Users can also turn to a popular fintech marketing agency such as Blockchain Marketing Ninja to get help from professional search engine optimization experts. The best fintech marketing strategies can make businesses and services accessible to a wider audience and help create a scalable brand.